WECM is Seeking our Next CEO
We are currently looking to fill the position of CEO. Our ideal candidate is an inspiring leader who is passionate about supporting Manitoba women successfully start, operate and grow their own business.
What We Do
Women in North America are starting businesses at more than double the rate of men, but most of these businesses are not growing at the same rate as those owned by men. Our team of advisors is committed to guiding, encouraging and supporting women business owners along their path to success. We accomplish this by offering gender-specific advising, financing and training services designed to help women business owners succeed.
With your high-level business acumen and understanding of non-profit organizations, you will report to the Board of Directors to carry out our organization’s mandate, mission, and strategic objectives.
Strategic Planning and Evaluation
- In co-operation with the board, you will provide direction and leadership in the development of priorities, organizational strategy, and long-range plans. You will also work to guide the WECM team by developing annual targets and plans to meet the Centre’s overall strategic objectives.
- You will direct the activities of the management team to ensure they are adhering to plans and revising those plans when necessary. You will also ensure that programs are regularly evaluated and adjusted to meet client needs in a changing business environment.
Board and Staff Liaison
- You will execute effective communication practices to keep the board and staff updated on progress toward strategic goals, ensure governance policies are kept up-to-date and the relationship of staff and board members is clear.
Government Relations Management
- You will work with provincial and national levels of government to advance the cause of women’s entrepreneurship and work with organizations and agencies that help to determine government policy regarding entrepreneurship.
Program and Service Delivery
- You will oversee the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of WECM’s programs and services while developing an atmosphere that is sensitive to change and values continuous improvement.
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management
- You will develop and report on yearly budgets, manage WECM’s operational and loan accounts and ensure annual audits are conducted and any recommendations are implemented.
Devotion to WECM’s Public Relations Network
- You will ensure that WECM’s mission, programs and service are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to stakeholders by maintaining a high level of community involvement and actively promoting WECM’s mission at a local and national level.
Provide Human Resources and Team Management Support
- You will provide leadership, guidance and support to managers and staff ensuring that our human resource policies promote a healthy, respectful and equitable workplace and provide staff with feedback for continuous improvement and developmental opportunities.
Qualifications and Assets
Our team is looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, and a reliable track record. We value someone with a growth-oriented mindset and strategic approach to problem solving, ready to deliver excellence in all areas that the role requires.
- Strategic thinking – ability to set the direction for the centre’s long-term vision within the context of today’s political, social, economic, and technological realities
- Strong financial acumen that enables the design and oversight of an effective budget
- Ability to interpret contractual agreements
- Experience working to or working with a Board of Directors
- Proven ability to develop strong networking and create collaborative partnerships
- Funding experience
- Business or entrepreneurial experience
- Presentation development and delivery
- Ability to be a “generalist”
- Having the leadership qualities in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources planning, team building and coordination of people and resources
- Constantly expanding knowledge of current trends and economic leading indicators
- Adaptable with the ability to lead effective change within the organization.
- Ability to self-initiative and multitask
- Professional and positive interpersonal skills – effective listener and ability to resolve conflict
- Strong verbal and written skills
- A customer-minded spirit
- A post-secondary education in a business-related field of study
All candidates must have a valid drivers license, ability to travel within Manitoba, and work extended hours as required.
Application close date: Monday, July 26, 2021.
To apply for this position, please send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank all those that apply, however only those that meet the qualifications of this role will be contacted.