Job Opportunity – Project Manager for WESpace
The Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba (WECM) is seeking a Project Manager for a FOUR-YEAR term.
WESpace – A Community of Practice for Growing Women’s Business facilitates the connection of WECM’s knowledge and expertise with women business owners in rural and northern communities and builds collaborative relationships with existing community and regional agencies and organizations.
YOUR NEW ROLE
As the WESpace Project Manager you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba. Your role will be to deliver the project on time, on budget and within scope. You will plan and define the scope of the project, plan activities, monitor resources, develop schedules, estimate timing, develop and manage the budget, and ensure transparency by providing required status reports and documentation. You will provide direction and oversight for two project support positions—Outreach Coordinator and Export/Trade Coordinator—to ensure objectives and outcomes are met.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Understanding of the Canadian and Manitoba entrepreneurial eco-system.
- Understanding of the challenges facing women entrepreneurs in rural and northern communities.
- Ability to form and build successful, collaborative relationships with rural and northern Manitoba communities as well as existing provincial and federal community agencies and organizations (i.e. Manitoba Chambers of Commerce, Community Futures Manitoba, etc.).
- Knowledge of tools to export products and services and knowledge of Export Development Canada and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service.
- Knowledge of supplier diversity programs.
- Experience developing financial literacy in an entrepreneurial context.
- Understanding technology challenges faced by rural and northern communities.
- Understanding the power of Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), social software (analytics, instant messaging/blogs) and technology-based social networks.
- Experience supervising and motivating staff.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- The ability to adapt and be flexible based on project needs.
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- Ability to travel to conferences and events in rural and northern Manitoba, and to participate in trade missions/summits in Canada.
- Experience delivering virtual services.
- Knowledge of Accessible Customer Service Standards.
- A team player with strong organization skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and French and/or indigenous language would be an asset.
- Previous project management experience, resource and time management, reporting/stakeholder management).
- BA in Management, business or related field. Additional business-oriented education or certification or equivalent is desirable.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- The opportunity to work with an organization that has been instrumental in advancing women business owners provincially and nationally.
- To work with an open-minded, collaborative culture of women business champions.
- Competitive salary.
- The opportunity to do work that will have a positive impact on women business owners in rural and northern settings.
Please submit your resume by 4 pm, June 21, 2019 to:
Pat Sargeant, email@example.com (204) 988-1862
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check.