7:30 A.M. Registration, Networking and Light Breakfast – sponsored by Air Canada
8:30 A.M. Opening Remarks
8:45 A.M. Indigenous Water Ceremony
8:50 A.M. Story Works! Know Your Story, Show Your Value, Plant The Seeds Of Connection.
- Kerri Twigg and Cate Friesen kick off SHEday with their signature hands-on approach, giving you the tools and the mindset to ground you in your story as you start this day.
9:35 A.M. Bridging The Gender Gap In The New World Of Work
- Be inspired and respond to a call to action as one of Canada’s foremost business leaders – Jennifer Tory – shares proven tactics of how we all can give a hand up to our next generation of women leaders — from identifying potential talent early, to mentorship and advocacy.
10:00 A.M. Crucial Conversations
- Crucial conversations are critical to the success of any relationship – be it personal or professional. You CAN create better relationships with crucial conversations that build trust – Sharon Harrald.
10:20 A.M. Networking Break – sponsored by Rogers
10:50 A.M. A Collection of Short Stories
- A story doesn’t have to be long to be powerful. In just 300-seconds each, these local women will share lessons they have learned on their leadership journeys – Jessica Dumas, Michelle Lalonde and Adrianna De Luca, Julie Michaud, Suenita Majaraj-Sandhu, Vicki Olatundun.
11:20 A.M. A Media Angle
- Regardless of the format, story-telling is the foundation of media. Seasoned television reporter and anchor, Maralee Caruso will share the story of her media journey.
11:45 A.M. Finding Your Voice and Knowing How To Use It
- Janet Drysdale, in conversation with Kate Fenske, will share her experiences about learning how to sell good ideas to the decision makers. A discussion about the value of strategic communication – the medium and the message – to help build a better business case and your credibility.
12:15 P.M. Lunch – sponsored by CN
1:15 P.M. Changing Our Story
- The choice is ours in what we do with our life and the experiences that shape our world. Sherry Podalchuk will talk about how we can begin to define ourselves in a positive light and learn how to be happy.
1:35 P.M. The Way of Imaculee
- Lew Bayer shares how she was compelled to change the way she leads and lives after hearing another woman’s story about tolerance, resilience, and forgiveness.
2:00 P.M. Redefining The F Word – What Does Equality Look Like Today?
- These authentic leaders – Jodi Carradice, Jaysa Toet, Wendy Guilbault, with moderator MaryAnn Kempe – will offer practical life and professional advice and ideas that you can apply today to help you tomorrow.
2:45 P.M. An Uncommon Path
- Holding increasingly senior positions in brewing and professional sports provided Norva Riddell with insightful perspectives and experiences that honed the foundations of her career: perseverance, hard work, values, principles and sincerity.
3:05 P.M. Story Works! Move Yourself and Others To Action
- Cate Friesen and Kerri Twigg connect the dots back to you and your story. Building on the day’s learning and shared discoveries, you will leave SHEday with more than inspiration.
3:15 P.M. Closing Remarks
3:30 P.M. Reception – sponsored by Birchwood Automotive Group