Peer mentorship is a way for entrepreneurs to discuss their goals and challenges and to learn from each other. Unlike a traditional relationship between an experienced mentor and a junior mentee, peer mentorship takes place between people who have similar levels of expertise and similar concerns.
PeerSpark™ includes structured peer mentoring that provides you with regular supportive contact with others who care about you and your success. Discussing plans and tough decisions with the group gives you a fresh perspective and helps identify potential flaws in your strategy early on. The group setting also creates and strengthens networks and partnerships within the community.
Each monthly meeting will feature two components:
- Education – an expert will guide the group through the topic at hand and help you evaluate the information in relation to your own business;
- Peer mentorship – you will have the opportunity to share experiences and build relationships.
Each meeting is an opportunity to step away for an afternoon and work on the business instead of in the business. You will set a commitment after the meeting to work on an aspect of your business over the next month.
- Strategic planning for growth
- Financial planning for growth
- Human resources
- Strategic market positioning
The total cost of PeerSpark™ is $5000 + GST. This includes:
- Two weekend retreats including food and lodging (travel costs are at the expense of the participant);
- Six monthly meetings in Winnipeg;
- Support and business advising with experts
- Attend all meetings on time and be ready to participate. This is so the group can build trust and benefit from your input.
- Be willing to listen to the struggles and successes of your peers and lend your support.
- Be willing to share your struggles and successes with your peers so that they can learn from your experiences and insights.
If you think you are ready for PeerSpark™, complete the online application form. If you are unsure whether your business is a good fit for the program, contact us. We would be happy to discuss the program with you further.