Loans for start-up, expansion and the purchase of an existing business are available from the Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba. Loan applications are evaluated not only on the business concept but also the assets that you are contributing to the project, your credit, personal character, competencies and commitment. Female/male partnerships are encouraged to apply, provided the woman owns at least 50% of the business and is actively involved in its operation and management.
- Loans are available in any amount up to $150,000. Clients with existing loans may apply for additional funds, but the total amount owing cannot exceed $150,000.
- Start-up interest rate is prime + 3%
- Expansion interest rate is prime + 1%
- No monthly fees
- No costs or penalties for early repayment
- Terms up to five years
- Applicants can be sole proprietors, partnerships or corporations
- Equity and collateral requirements are flexible